Thread: Boyd leaves band

Default Boyd leaves band

Either Tapatalk doesnít knows chronologically or thereís really not a thread on a dmb site of an original member leaving. So hereís the obligatory one.

Iím pessimistic on this one. Something smells fishy. Hopefully Iím wrong.
    37 Shows Seen

Looking for:
    Horkey - Nesting
    Alpine 06
    Emek Peace Tree Handbills

Default Re: Boyd leaves band

it's been really quiet...strange for sure
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by dythuger View Post
    Either Tapatalk doesn’t knows chronologically or there’s really not a thread on a dmb site of an original member leaving. So here’s the obligatory one.

I’m pessimistic on this one. Something smells fishy. Hopefully I’m wrong.
    Yeah after Roi, and then the year break, and now Boyd leaving or "taking a break," it's hard not to feel a little like the band is falling apart. I'll be very interested to see how much BT is on the new CD, and how those songs will play out live in his absence. Will they replace him? Temporarily or permanently? Either way, for the love of all that's holy, I just hope they don't bring back Butch.

I think BT lost his sister in 2016, so I do wonder if that was part of the reason for last year's hiatus. Between that and those unnecessarily long & uncomfortable hugs, it seems like he's been suffering mentally for quite some time.

On an amusing side note, for any WWE fans, I have a co-worker whose brother is 100% convinced that Boyd Tinsley is in fact Booker T. They do look damn similar and even have the same initials. I thought that was pretty funny
    Where's my #40?

It's definitely strange but I've been reading between the lines that BT hasn't really been meshing on a personal side with the other band members. Again, just reading between the lines. We haven't heard what kind of stuff he's been up to, but it seems like not showing up for rehearsals before this show might have been the impetus for him "taking a break." For whatever reason - mental, physical, etc. It did seem like the band wasn't prepared, it seems like a surprise. But Dave's lack of mentioning him specifically during the show makes me think there some animosity there, so not entirely a health issue. I haven't been reading the boards religiously, is that what everyone else's impression is?

I think they need to find a replacement violin player - that sound is part of what makes the band what it is. I can't imagine Ants, Billies, WWYS, LIOG without him. I need to listen to the last show, but the Ants podcast said it was very strange.

He was got a #metoo hashtag from Crystal Garden as well...and he has arthritis in his hands...a few allegations in the past still haunt him i'm sure...pretty big mystery with how silent everyone has been
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by DMBNirvana View Post
    Yeah after Roi, and then the year break, and now Boyd leaving or "taking a break," it's hard not to feel a little like the band is falling apart. I'll be very interested to see how much BT is on the new CD, and how those songs will play out live in his absence. Will they replace him? Temporarily or permanently? Either way, for the love of all that's holy, I just hope they don't bring back Butch.
    lol, I feel exact opposite. Like the only way to save the band now is to bring back Butch. The piano isn't the violin, but at least it gives the band another degree of flexibility - vs no additions... or another guitar

Quote Originally Posted by DMBNirvana View Post
    On an amusing side note, for any WWE fans, I have a co-worker whose brother is 100% convinced that Boyd Tinsley is in fact Booker T. They do look damn similar and even have the same initials. I thought that was pretty funny
    I can dig it......suckka
    Last edited by PhishDMB; Feb 14, 2018 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MooreSaxPlease View Post
    Tasteless, no. Lazy, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec42 View Post
    It's definitely strange but I've been reading between the lines that BT hasn't really been meshing on a personal side with the other band members. Again, just reading between the lines. We haven't heard what kind of stuff he's been up to, but it seems like not showing up for rehearsals before this show might have been the impetus for him "taking a break." For whatever reason - mental, physical, etc. It did seem like the band wasn't prepared, it seems like a surprise. But Dave's lack of mentioning him specifically during the show makes me think there some animosity there, so not entirely a health issue. I haven't been reading the boards religiously, is that what everyone else's impression is?

I think they need to find a replacement violin player - that sound is part of what makes the band what it is. I can't imagine Ants, Billies, WWYS, LIOG without him. I need to listen to the last show, but the Ants podcast said it was very strange.
    Isnt Boyd not in the 2018 calendar at all? If that's the case, I don't think this was a surprise at all. If true, sounds calculated (timing right after tix dropped was ridiculous and hard to look past).
    Quote Originally Posted by MooreSaxPlease View Post
    Tasteless, no. Lazy, yes.

He isn't in the Calendar or the LiveNation Tour promo video.

They knew the plan all along.

If it was just arthritis and he was still 'tight' with the band, they wouldn't be ignoring him in the way that they are (calendar/video and lack of mention at the concert). There has to be some other personal/political issue going on that we'll find out about in the eventual "Behind the Music" documentary in 20 years...

Front of Nine Spices! mxpxillini35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vortec42 View Post
    If it was just arthritis and he was still 'tight' with the band, they wouldn't be ignoring him in the way that they are (calendar/video and lack of mention at the concert). There has to be some other personal/political issue going on that we'll find out about in the eventual "Behind the Music" documentary in 20 years...
    Give some of the AM detectives about 2 weeks and they'll have a plethora of stories...
    My Collection

-ISO: '05 Vegas Skull (M/NM), Red Rocks

My first post...what an idiot...

The most telling thing to me is they couldnít pull it together to get through a one off show.
    37 Shows Seen

Looking for:
    Horkey - Nesting
    Alpine 06
    Emek Peace Tree Handbills

Looks like Buddy Long will be joining DMB on the road this summer on the keys...nice!
    Chris

Yeah that is kinda weird to me. Leave a fiddle, add keys? Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted: 91 Tuesdays Trax Poster, Winery #ed Boot

Is Boyd on the new album?