Thread: Band leaves Boyd

Front of Nine Spices! mxpxillini35's Avatar

Default Band leaves Boyd

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...ws-band-split/

Fucking insane...but I can't say that it's completely unbelievable.

Now will they eventually replace the violin? They have to right?
    My Collection

-ISO: '05 Vegas Skull (M/NM), Red Rocks

My first post...what an idiot...

Default Re: Band leaves Boyd

This is going to get worse before it gets better
    Quote Originally Posted by MooreSaxPlease View Post
    Tasteless, no. Lazy, yes.

The way they've tried to sanitize and cover everything up the entire way is looking more and more nefarious - from Boyd's announcement right after tickets dropped, no Boyd in pics/promos for new album, the band's support for Boyd up until about yesterday and then BOOM out of the band 24hrs later. If they really didn't know, I don't see it going from "we support Boyd" to "you're effing outta here" in 24 hours.

So I won't be shocked when the other shoe drops and management, or even the band, knew to some extent and potentially even tried to cover it up along the way. I hope not, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by PhishDMB View Post
    The way they've tried to sanitize and cover everything up the entire way is looking more and more nefarious - from Boyd's announcement right after tickets dropped, no Boyd in pics/promos for new album, the band's support for Boyd up until about yesterday and then BOOM out of the band 24hrs later. If they really didn't know, I don't see it going from "we support Boyd" to "you're effing outta here" in 24 hours.

So I won't be shocked when the other shoe drops and management, or even the band, knew to some extent and potentially even tried to cover it up along the way. I hope not, but we'll see.
    I have an unfortunate feeling that you're right. At least that there were glimmers of problems somewhere along the way. Do I think that actual band members knew specifically of what went on? No. I think there are crew or, more likely, upper management that dealt with complaints and things in the past.

I wonder how this is all going to affect everything dmb related moving forward.
    My Collection

If one of the primary members of the band getting kicked out for alleged sexual assault only elicits 4 posts from two people...... as much as it kills me to say this... maybe it's time to take this place behind the woodshed.

Is there a DP facebook group? If not, there prob should be.

If one of the primary members of the band getting kicked out for alleged sexual assault only elicits 4 posts from two people...... as much as it kills me to say this... maybe it's time to take this place behind the woodshed.

Is there a DP facebook group? If not, there prob should be.
    I really don't like cornbread...anyway, yeah, kind of odd. Maybe it's just a processing thing?

I also remember hearing rumors of this back in February when he took a hiatus. I'm surprised it took this long to surface (probably getting legal ducks in a row). Maybe it's just not surprising to most around here? I feel like the regulars here are more ingrained in the "dmb know" than most fans.
    My Collection

You're right that this wasn't really a secret and a lot of people "knew" beforehand

There's nothing normal about a 4 minute hug with a stranger. Not saying that indicates sexual assault, but you knew once you read those stories, and saw the video, that this was an odd dude.

I'll miss the hell outta the violin being a part of DMB shows. There are some songs that I don't think will ever be the same if Boyd isn't replaced.

But I have to admit, now, when I'm listening to live DMB shows and hear Boyd, I can't stop thinking about dirty socks. It's so odd and wrong and weird.

Maybe Methane needs the subtle commentary of a dirty sock poster series this summer? Might be tough to get managerial approval tho...
    Where's my #40?

^^ haha, no chance does that get approved, nor do I think they'd have the balls/wit to even try.

I was just going to ask how they're handling the no violin thing to anyone that's been to the first couple shows....seems like some songs would be fairly unrecognizable without the violin, and a bunch others are definitely severely hamstrung by it. The violin is such a big part of what makes this band unique (and good). Id be shocked if they don't replace it.... unless they're really just winding this whole thing down and don't plan on touring after this year.

So does the flower violin go up or down in value?

But seriously. Totally fucked. Some creepy shit alleged in that article.
    37 Shows Seen

Looking for:
    Horkey - Nesting
    Alpine 06
    Emek Peace Tree Handbills

Quote Originally Posted by dythuger View Post
    So does the flower violin go up or down in value?

But seriously. Totally fucked. Some creepy shit alleged in that article.
    I hadn't thought of the poster value thing...I know it's a tongue in cheek question...but it actually has some validity to it...
    My Collection

Toyota Mobster

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxillini35 View Post
    I hadn't thought of the poster value thing...I know it's a tongue in cheek question...but it actually has some validity to it...

I hadn't thought of it either. My wife and I met him last year after a Crystal Garden show. He graciously signed the 2012 Band Member Poser of himself (June 5). I'm never selling it and would love to get the other three signed but I'm now curious too.
    Song ISO: #34, Let You Down, Dreaming Tree, Dreams of Our Fathers, If I Had It All, Sleep to Dream Her, Mother Father, Angel, Kit Kat Jam, American Baby Intro, Smooth Rider, Everybody Wake Up, #27, Grux, Baby Blue, & The Riff.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven83 View Post
    I hadn't thought of it either. My wife and I met him last year after a Crystal Garden show. He graciously signed the 2012 Band Member Poser of himself (June 5). I'm never selling it and would love to get the other three signed but I'm now curious too.
    I can see that one taking a bigger hit than the flower violin. I think the violin will be relatively safe

I can see that one taking a bigger hit than the flower violin. I think the violin will be relatively safe
    Is that cause it doesn't wear socks?

Too soon?
    My Collection